emirates visa on arrival
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
If you’re traveling to Dubai or any seven emirates of UAE, you are required to apply for an emirates travel visa and procure your emirates visa based on the purpose of your visit. Before traveling to the UAE, the applicant applying for an emirates visa on arrival is required to check their visa status to determine the validity of emirates visa travel. The emirates visa travel applicant must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
Although, GCC residents from 2016 onwards have to apply for an emirates visa to enter UAE and can no longer avail of emirates visa on arrival; however, other nationalists belonging to foreign countries apart from Gulf countries will have to apply for emirates visa in advance to enter UAE. Before traveling to the UAE, you will have to obtain your e-visa through the online portal.
The UAE government issues an emirates visa on arrival depending on the duration of stay and some specific nationalities. GCC residents are not eligible for an emirates visa on arrival, while some other nationalities can obtain an emirates visa on arrival, whereas, some have to apply for an emirates visa in advance.
Only the nationalities of GCC are not required to sponsor their permit or visa by any resident of UAE. GCC residents are granted a visa-free entry as they have to produce their passport or national ID card at every point of entry to the UAE.
Emirates Visa on arrival
30-day visa on arrival
The nationalities of this country are not required to procure their visa through advance arrangements to enter UAE. These particular citizens can enter the UAE and obtain their emirates visa on arrival for a duration of 30 days with a 10 day grace period granted for extension.
90-day visa on arrival
Similar to the 30-day visa on arrival; the citizens of these countries are not required to procure their visas through advance arrangements to enter UAE. They can obtain their emirates visa on arrival for a duration of 90 days.
14-day visa on arrival
Indian citizens holding a passport with either a visit visa or green card issued by the USA, a residence visa issued by the UK, or a residence visa issued by the EU are eligible to obtain an emirates visa on arrival. The obtained visa on arrival is valid for only 14 days of stay duration, provided that the visas or green card remain valid for a duration of 6 months at least from the date of arrival in UAE.
Travelers holding a passport from your country can procure an emirates visa on arrival free of cost for a maximum duration of 30 days stay in UAE. These are the requirements to obtain an emirates visa on arrival:
Your passports must remain valid for at least 6 months along with one blank visa page for stamping the entry and exit.
Holding sufficient proof of funding: Emirates visa travel policy mandates a specified amount of funds per day for your stay.
Proof of your return ticket: This is a mandatory proof produced to ensure the authorities that you stay as long as your emirates visa permits you to stay.
Hold all the documents required for the next travel destination: This requires all the documents needed to confirm boarding with the airline without an emirates visa permit.
In case, you intend to stay for longer than the permitted duration of 30 days, you can request the immigration officer at the airport or contact a local immigration office in the UAE to request for granting an extension for a stay of more than 30 days.
Apply for Emirates Visa
The documents required to apply for an emirates visa are:
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Copy of applicant's passport has a validity of three months.
- The original application form that can be accessed in Arabic or English.
- Emirates ticket: A copy of the confirmed return ticket.
The emirates airlines portal provides you with the checklist of required documents for emirates visas and passports. These checklists of visa and passports requirements help you assess the entry requirements of an emirates visa for your upcoming travel plan. Holders of non-passports and emirates visa travel documents may also require different entry permit requirements.
Emirates Travel Requirements to Dubai
Here’s the list of emirates travel requirements to reach Dubai:
- Check whether you require an emirates visa before booking a ticket: The UAE government issues an emirates visa on arrival depending on your nationality. However, you can apply for a pre-arranged visit visa from Dubai immigration, in case you do not fall under the emirates visa on arrival category.
- Check the travel requirements by your destination to adhere to the specific departure requirements of your country from where you are traveling to Dubai.
- You will be denied entry to Dubai along with an Emirates visa on arrival if you have traveled to South Africa within 14 days of departure to Dubai. The new rule for South Africa remains in effect even if you have transited to other countries within 14 days.
- Undertaking the COVID-19 PCR tests as litigated by the UAE Immigration laws: The tourists or visitors coming from the countries and territories listed for COVID-19 PCR are mandated to adhere to the test requirements.